Become a BUMP Volunteer for 2021-2022!
Do you share a love for the music and culture of African diasporic communities? Do you have time and talents to share for the benefit of our youth? Volunteers like you make all the difference in the world and we could use your help to continue offering this impactful programming. Volunteer today!
Jegna (Jenoch, plural form) are those special people who have
1) been tested in struggle or battle
2) someone who demonstrates fearlessness
3) one who has the courage to protect their people, culture and way of life
4) shown diligence and dedication to our people
5) produced an exceptionally high quality of work, and
6) dedicated themselves to the protection, defense, nurturance and development of our young by advancing our people, place and culture.
Volunteer to work with our youth(beginners, intermediate, and advanced) to build various musical proficiencies and confidence on their instrument. Although Musical proficiency is a desired goal, the more important role of the Jegna is to build a healthy rapport and positive relationship with youth in our program using a common interest in learning and creating music.